Photobucket

Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring brings many things

The older my kids get the busier life gets. Spring this year has been SO busy. We have had many school activities because the school year is coming to an end. We have soccer or baseball for Nash or Canyon Tuesday-Saturday. Neighborhood kids are wandering the streets and running from house to house...one reason I love spring and the kids are having a blast, but some days we just have to lock our gate and front door and hide out in our house just to slow down a little bit. I feel like I am running from this game to that game, this practice to that practice, this kid's house to that kid's house.
Although we have been so busy with sports, I do LOVE having boys and being able to play soccer, baseball and basketball with them almost everyday. We have a lot of fun together. I think once they each find the sport they really love (which will hopefully be in a few years) we will just stick to one. But for now we will continue to run around crazy in the Springtime.
Despite all the craziness, we have really enjoyed various Spring activities. For FHE a few weeks ago we doodled with sidewalk chalk. The boys drew x-wing fighters and tie-fighters (star wars jets), and then we played bad-mitten in our back yard. The boys had a blast. It is so nice to just be together as our little family sometimes!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Cute! I know what you mean. Lock the door and close the windows. Just kidding. It looks like they had a blast.

Tara said...

Fun FHE activity. We went to a park and played soccer and got slurpees for our FHE, guess we aren't as burned out on soccer as you are:) Your kids are quite talented with the sidewalk chalk.

Krista said...

I know what you mean about all the running around. I can't wait until school is out. I am loving the soccer games, which are almost over, I just am sick of the home work. I think I more excited than my kids are for school to be out.
Thanks for venting a little on my blog. It made me feel better about my parenting skills. (which are normal right? we all get mad eh?)

Sydney said...

I'm enjoying the fact that Gibson isn't old enough to do anything because I know soon we'll be running just like you.

What a fun FHE activity!

Tara said...

I love the new look on your blog! Especially the header.

bevany said...

Okay, so I am a total blog stalker and I found your blog today. I hope it's okay I looked at it. Your photos are amazing! You are really good. I'd love to see the pics you took at preschool today. My email is mikeandbevany@hotmail.com. Love your blog. It looks great.