Photobucket

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pregnancy and Exercise

I am trying to be better at staying fit this pregnancy. My first two pregnancies, I didn't really exercise and only gained about 25 lbs. with each one. I tend to loose weight quickly when I nurse and got too skinny after nursing both of them for about 5 months. So with Coleman I tried to eat ice cream with peanut butter every night to gain extra weight to see if I could nurse longer with him. I definitely gained the weight, somewhere around 40 lbs., but still was only able to nurse about 6 months for different reasons. Anyway, I was wide hipped and my body was weird, it looked like it belonged to someone else. So this time I am trying to stay fit and just nurse as long as I can.

I have found a pregnancy workout video that I really like. Since a lot of you out there are expecting I thought I would recommend it. It is called The Perfect Pregnancy workout. It looks low budget on the cover, but it is by far the best one of the four I have tried.





I also like the Pilates Pregnancy workout, although the lady is weird and talks WAY too much!! It focuses a lot on the core.







Does anybody have an aerobic pregnancy video they would recommend?

5 comments:

Tara said...

Good for you Laurie!

LuAnn said...

That's interesting. I gained substantial weight each pregnancy though...40+. I'm really skinny now (Jack is 5 months), but I have plenty of milk. I haven't been eating extra, but I wouldn't mind eating ice cream every night...it would probably be good for me...and Simon, too.

Sorry I can't help with an exercise video. I did a tread mill with Simon for about 6 months and with Jack I was just walking everywhere because we didn't have a car. Try that...walk to the grocery store, the mall...just sell your car!

Sydney said...

If only I had your problem!

Let's imagine back to me being pregnant with Gibson.....got the visual! Oh, yeah, being that HUGE in Cleveland with our very blunt, branch members was NO fun!

Ha, it did teach me a lesson though. I've been doing the treadmill but I may have to check out these workout videos since having a baby in spring you only have a few months to get back in shape before swimsuit season!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Unknown said...

Lu-I am the worst milk producer and I always thought it was because I didn't have fat on my body. But after Coleman I learned that wasn't the case. I just don't make much and it's basically skim milk. I might try supplementing more this time.

Sydeny,-I don't remember you being huge, and what would people say to you? I just remember you always looking cute.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Hmmmm...I am thinking that you are way more motivated than I am! Good for you!