Photobucket

Monday, March 10, 2008

Crazy Coleman!

Photobucket
You have to love this kid! I get this look several times during the day...I was glad to have captured it. Coleman makes me laugh (and almost cry) everyday! He is so particular about everything.

Don't think about carrying him to his room after his bath-he wants to walk!

His food has to be just the right way in just the right place or he has a little tantrum, followed by a time-out on the stairs.

He does manage to use "please" and "thank-you" quite frequently, but if you try to give him something he doesn't like he will cry, fall to the floor and scream "NO THANK YOU!".

His (three) blankets have to be just right for bed time. His feet HAVE to be covered completely. Sometimes he likes the frog blanket first, then the animal blanket, and the turtle blanket on top. But sometimes is it the animal blanket first, then the frog blanket and last the turtle blanket. But, sometimes he likes just two blankets the frog blanket first etc... Anyway, you get the idea.

He loves to climb up and get snacks out of our cupboards. He is constantly in the fridge looking for food. I have to tie it shut-which of coarse leads to another tantrum.

If you do something he doesn't like (like sing in the car) he will yell "Stop it!". Wonder where he got that from?

He is not afraid to torture Canyon, and makes him cry at least once a day. He will take his toys and run and hide, hit him with a toy or push him off the seat and steal his food. (Canyon is too tender hearted to fight back, but he is learning to hold his own).

When he doesn't get his way in public he is very LOUD! I usually ignore the behavior or try to distract him, but I still get quite a few stares. I wish I could take him to the library, but he is just to loud. Now I prefer to go when Brandon is home and I can concentrate while I am there looking for books instead of chasing him around.

He usually goes around the house "acting" most of the day. He finds any toy and uses it as a gun, and points it at me while he give me the 'evil eye', and then makes shooting noises toward me. Lovely! I guess he learns that from his older brothers. He also loves to "act" like Buzz Light-year and yells "to infinite n beyond" while jumping off of the couch or a table.
Photobucket
I could go on and on....

But, despite his stubbornness, he is really quite a good kid. He really makes me smile most the time. He has such a cute personality and he is such a clown!! The boys and I laugh at all the silly things he does all day long.

I love when he gives me little kisses and little hugs and when he says "Love you" at night. I love that he will now snuggle with me after he takes a nap. I love that he says "sorry" all the time (even if it means he has done something he shouldn't). I love how he says "HI, I'M HERE" really loud when he enters a room to capture every ones attention. I love the look on his face when he is being ever so sweet. He loves people and doesn't hesitate to talk to anyone or say "hello". He is my little buddy! I love this little guy!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

Laurie...Coleman sounds absolutely charming. Who wants a boring kid? I wish we lived closer so I could get to know him. He sounds so much like a combination of Ben and Issy to me. How fun!

Larson Love said...

You have such an eye for photograhy!! I love seeing your shots as well as your darling boys. Hope all is well...

Jen I said...

Too funny! Cash gives me that SAME look! And does so many of those same things, although he's not quite as particular.

I was thinking of you though - I was thinking I might have the twins on either Jen's birthday (the 23rd, right?) or yours. Happy birthday!

Nicole said...

How funny! I always wonder how their charateristics will effect them as they grow older. All that pickiness has got to be a plus in his future somehow. He knows what he wants. What a cutie.
P.S. I am so glad to hear you like MJ's music too! I always feel like I'm the only one left. My kids love to jam out in the car, they LOVE Thriller. Paul hates MJ, just because the guy is a wierdo. But his music is classic.

Tara said...

I love to watch Coleman. Just about everything he does cracks me up. When I babysit him though he won't talk to me. He uses some weird kind of sign language. (He thinks I am "slow" because I can't understand what he is trying to say.)

LuAnn said...

Those are so cute. That look makes me laugh. Good photography!