Photobucket

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Miss Taylor

I was able to take pictures of my niece the other day. Isn't she SO cute! She was so good for us. After a long time of shooting, we tried and tried to get her to fall asleep, but she wouldn't for a long time. She ended up being so tired. But, despite her being so tired, she couldn't stop smiling. Finally she fell asleep for a few minutes and we got a few of her sleeping. Just thought I would share the pictures (sorry there are so many, I just couldn't decide which ones to leave out). I am going to start blogging my "photo-shoots" on here, which may usually only consist of family. Hopefully you will find them enjoyable and not annoying. I love the picture of Taylor drooling, so cute!

(I have a Mac and the colors on the monitors are calibrated different, so those who have PC's the pictures are pretty bright and the colors aren't as brilliant. I will be working on a solution for that.)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

10 comments:

The Larsons said...

Very cute! Did you get lights?? Her eyes are so bright! Or did you adjust them in photoshop? Also, your b/w pictures look so much brighter than mine ever do! Any tips. :) I'm excited to see you pictures! I love it!

Jen I said...

Those are beautiful. What a pretty baby! I SO wish you were here to take some pictures of my boys. I never have chubby babies though, they might not be as picturesque!

Shelley said...

Awesome catch lights in her eyes. Your lighting is really nice in these. She is a doll and you captured her "dolliness" perfectly.

Krista said...

They look so good, when you want to start doing families, let me know, You can do mine. Is Taylor on the Weeks side or Jones side? what a Beautiful baby!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys.

Cassie, I just use natural light. I used white fleece material as my back ground on these. The only thing I do in photoshop is curves to brighten them a little or give it a richer color. I don't know if I have any tips, I am learning myself.

Krista, I would love to take pictures of your family! I need more practice. I am trying to do as many sessions as I can to get more comfortable and then I would love to start charging a little. This is Amy's little girl!

LuAnn said...

Those are awesome. You have really got some talent! I've got an idea! Come visit us in Chicago before Jen moves and then you can take pictures of Jen's babies and Simon! It would be so fun!

Amy said...

Laurie, I am so impressed. You do an amazing job!!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Amazing Laurie!! She is a beautiful baby too!!

Sydney said...

In that first picture, she could be one of yours!

Great job- I'm looking into a few photography classes, want to take them with me?

Unknown said...

Sydney, I just started a photography class two weeks ago and I am loving it! Wish you were here to take it with me. You should get yourself into one out there.