Photobucket

Monday, May 5, 2008

Canyon's Day

Canyon ended up having a great birthday. We spent the day with cousins at the park on Friday (his birthday). On Saturday he had a birthday party. He wanted a Star Wars theme (of coarse). We had a Jedi training course, had pizza, opened presents and then had cake and ice-cream.
Photobucket
After his party we went to Lagoon for the first time this season...my parents got all of us season passes for Christmas and birthdays this year. We had a lot of fun and are so excited to be able to spend our summer there!
Photobucket
I let the boys run through the fountain. They had so much fun, but they were soaked afterward, and it was a little chilly. I stripped them down to their underwear for the ride home so they wouldn't be so cold. They sure got a kick out of riding in the car practically naked-they were so giggly. Then they had to hurry and run inside when we got home so all the neighbors wouldn't see them! They thought that was pretty funny. Boys!!Photobucket
And, Canyon got a kitty for his birthday! We are not huge cat lovers and would pick a dog over a cat any day. But, we weren't up for all the work a dog takes. He really is a cute kitty. Canyon was so excited and is loving the responsibility. He was so excited that it was his job to feed the kitty and make sure he has water. He named him Tiger. Hopefully Tiger can survive Coleman!! I can't leave the cat alone with him. I have some funny stories, but I will save them for another post because this is WAY too long. Anyway, he had a great day!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Fun day it sounds like! That kitty is really cute. He looks to sweet to leave little presents on your carpet. Happy birthday Canyon. The picture of him with the cat is priceless. You gotta love Canyon. What a sweet boy.

Tara said...

Good Post Laurie! You made a really nice day or two for Canyon. I am sure he had a great birthday. Turning five is a pretty big deal.

Melissa Bigelow said...

Gosh, your boys are cute...and cute birthday cake too. My boys love those little star wars guys. They can play star wars together when we come! see you soon.

Rochelle said...

Lincoln came down when I was reading this and said, "Hey, I remember that dude!" I think he'll be begging to see that Star Wars cake for weeks!

Happy Birthday, Canyon!

P.S. The pictures of Lagoon made me miss Utah... I grew up going to that place! Have fun this season!