Photobucket

Monday, November 24, 2008

New Orleans

My boys and I flew to New Orleans last week to go and visit the Liddles, our good friends who lived by us in Cleveland (most of you know who they are). The boys loved seeing their old friends again that they used to hang out with a ton, and it was so great to hang out and laugh with Kristel again!
We did a ton of fun things. We took the kids to an awesome Aquarium, and saw the Mississippi River.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We went to a park and fed the crazy hilarious ducks, and the mouse beavers, which were disgusting and looked like huge rats swimming in the pond. The kids loved chasing the wild chickens and roosters. It was so weird to me that they just run wild all over the place. It was pretty funny- Ummmm, Hmmm (that's for you Kristel).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also searched the swamp lands for alligators and spotted a few, which was surprising because it was close to hibernation season. The kids thought that was great. I thought I got a picture of them, but apparently I didn't.
Photobucket
We also went and played along a lake shore which was so nice and the weather was gorgeous even though we had clouds most of the time. We were able to have GNO with Amy Norby and went to see 'The Secret Life of Bees'. It was fun to eat the food out there, and believe me we ate a lot!! It was also so great to see the kids just pick up where they left off. Coleman and Kate played pretty good together as well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks Kristel and Justin for being such great hosts! It was so fun to see where you have been living the last year and a half.

6 comments:

Holly said...

IT's fun to see your kids and the Liddle kids... love your pictures too-- captures the fun!

Tara said...

I am glad you had such a fun trip, and glad that you are back!

Kristel said...

we had so much fun! I didn't take any pics...can I have yours?

Unknown said...

Yes, Kristel, when I get my act together I will send you the copies. I also am going to send your book back when I finish it and we have a few tiny toys that ended up in the bottom of my bag.

Amy said...

It was so fun to see you Laurie! I always love laughing with you :) I'm glad you guys enjoyed your trip. I love the pictures of the kids! Sounds like you had a busy week.

Andrea said...

Aahh! You guys are awesome. I'm so glad you went and the kids could see eachother again. Miss you Kristel