Photobucket

Saturday, October 3, 2009

**Breaking News**

THEY FIT!!......My pants that is. Not my size 8 pants I bought at Deseret Industries a few months ago. But my cute brown, once baggy, size 6 pre-pregnancy pants! The pants that came only mid-thigh a few months ago. The pants I have tried on weekly for the past 4 months.

I tried them on in the morning like always, only thinking that they would have to be placed back on that big stack, high up in my closet. But, my usual 'UGH!' was replaced by a falsetto 'Hallelujahhhhhhhhhhhhh!' I could pull them all the way up and zip AND button them.

Unfortunately Brandon wasn't there to share in my excitement, but Coleman ran into my room to see what all the noise was about. I yelled, "they fit!". And Coleman said, "they fit...they aren't tiny anymore?" "NO, they aren't tiny anymore", I said. "YEAHHHHH", he yelled and gave me a big hug. That was followed by some singing and jumping up and down. Then my other boys came in the room. When I told them about my pants, they gave me a weird look, a half smile, and left. I guess with all the excitement they were hoping to find something more exciting. But, I was excited!

Yes, they fit, they finally fit! Okay, so maybe they were a little snug, and I wasn't certain I was going to be able to sit down in them without busting a seam or two, or popping off a button. But, as the day wore on they got looser, just like any other pants you wear. But, I sat down to eat lunch, I sat down for the 1-1/2 long movie in the movie theater, and I sat down for dinner. And they held up as loaded and unloaded the washer and dryer all day long. All was well.

Until the end of night, when I sat down on the floor to fold my heaping pile of laundry. I sat and heard a 'rip'. Oh no, I thought, there goes my button. I looked and sure enough my button was holding on to tiny threads. The rest had been torn. They had been holding on for dear life all day long. Hopefully I can fix the the pants. But, I don't care what anybody says, they still fit!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I feel your pain girl- I am still trying to get "back" into them after 7 months. one day right?

Jen I said...

That was an awesome story...with a perfect ending. Good job. That was waaaaay faster than me!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

REJOICE! i feel ya....i just fit into a pair of mine and felt the same. thanks for verbalizing what i felt! way to go!

Unknown said...

Hooray!!!!! Just sew that button on as many times as you need to :)

bevany said...

So funny. My baby is a year old and I'm still working on losing the weight so you're better than me.

Andrea said...

Thanks for the laugh, You are hillarious. And I love the picture at the end, a hard days work. Congrats on being skinny again!

Sydney said...

Yeah for you! Bummer for me, I'm still working at it and our babies are only a week apart:(

Tara said...

Hilarious, so sorry I missed you and Coleman dancing around in celebration, and sorry I missed seeing that button tear off. :)

I am with you, they still fit.