Photobucket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My first Triathlon

So I did it!!! It was such a blast, and I can't wait to do it again and improve my times, or do the Sprint which is twice as long. This was a perfect beginner Triathlon! It was a 200 yd. swim, 5 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run. I know, really short huh?! I didn't do as well as I wanted, but I did okay. I placed 12th out of 24 in my age group. I really need to work on my transition time, it was way too long.

Here we are in the transition area getting ready for the race.
Photobucket
Here I am after the race with my cute and patient family as they waited for me to finish. I know I look like a drowned rat, but I really did have fun, even though I don't look very happy.
Photobucket
It was so fun to do this race with my Brother Ryan, Nikki (Ryan's girlfriend who kicked all our butts) and my sister Amy. We will all do it together again soon!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Tara said...

You did great! I am proud of you. It was so fun to watch.

The Kailing Family said...

laurie that is so awesome! you are amazing...so i was such a horrible sis-in-law and didn't even see you finish, i feel awful!!! congrats!

LuAnn said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you like it. Isn't it thrilling! Someday maybe I'll come do one out there. Just have to get over the traveling with a bike issue.

Holly said...

That's way impressive! You go girl!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

It was fun! Thanks for getting us to do it!

bevany said...

Awesome. I totally admire you for doing it. I could never in a million years do something like that. Good job!

Krista said...

Way to Go!

carol said...

It was a great weekend and fun to watch my kids who are sooooo like their mother!

katie said...

You are the BOMB! So awesome. I think I would drowned on the swim part!

Michelle said...

WOW! That sounds like a blast! Was it hard to train for? All you guys and your running goals. I guess I need to make me one. It's fun to see your family grow.

ray ban wayfarer said...

anthony jersey
j.r. smith jersey
chandler jersey
William and Bazett went to Winchester, and afterwards to Oxford and Cambridge respectively; Alfred to Haileybury, Andrew to Westminster, and subsequently my younger brother Arthur to Shrewsbury and Cambridge.